Build your perfect website – 4 week programme
Are you fed up of having an embarassing, or out of date website that you can't change easily? Or not having a website at all? You'd like to do it yourself but it all seems a bit overwhelming?
Would you like a website that you are proud of, that really represents you and your business and which you can change whenever you want?
Would you like some accountability and other people going through the same thing to help you get over your procrastination and get your website up and attracting clients?
Are you happy to get your hands dirty and do some of the work yourself (with lots of support) if that means the price is more reasonable?
Then my “Build your perfect website” programme could be just what you are looking for!
This programme has grown from wanting to develop something to help people who are just starting out or who have limited budgets but who also want gorgeous, functional website.
It is a hybrid programme where we build your site together – I do the more technical set up and show you, with live online sessions, how to change the settings, add pages and populate them, integrate your email service and social media and much more!
Each week we cover a specific set of activities and you have a week to do the work on your site before we move onto the next stage. The Facebook group helps you to get feedback on your site as we go and all the sessions are recorded so you can watch when convienient if you can’t make it live.
By the end of week 4 you have a website you built yourself which looks good, works well and you understand. You can make changes going forward without having to pay someone to do it for you. Hooray!
What sort of sites can I build?
Great question… here are 3 examples of the kind of site I would expect you to have made by the end of the programme, assuming you have done the homework!
What you get in the Build Your Perfect Website Programme:
- A WordPress website set up for you (on your own hosting) with a premium theme (Divi worth $89) and all the essential plugins already installed.
- A basic website structure already in place including menus and pages:
- A Getting Started Guide. A workbook of guidance and tasks to think about before you build your site.
- 4 weeks of live, online tutorials (plus recordings) to show you how to
– Week 1. Customise your header and footer, adding logos, colours, and making it look lovely
– Week 2. Populating your pages and how to add new pages and manage the menus
– Week 3. The bits you can’s see. Updating, Plugins and SEO
– Week 4. Connect your email list, Social media, Testing and GO LIVE
- A Facebook group for support from your fellow site builders. Bounce ideas of each other, ask for people to test and check your work.
- BONUS design webinar. Janina Neuman is a fantastic graphic designer who has a special training to talk about all the elements of design you need to think about for your site before you get started.
We start on the 26th June at 7pm GMT… all sessions will be recorded if you can’t make it live.
The full price for the programme is just £397 which includes all the recordings of the sessions so you have full control of your website going forward.
I know that building your own site may feel a little daunting and if you want some extra reassurance then the Deluxe package offers just that. You get:
– A 30 minute call with me before you get started on the programme to make sure you get any upfront niggles sorted
– A further 1 hour call at the end of the programme to get any final tweaks finished. This is great for making sure everything lines up perfectly, looks great on mobile or adding any bells and whistles that we don’t cover on the course.
PLUS if you are one of the first 3 people to sign up you get an upgrade to the deluxe package for FREE. (If you buy the Deluxe Package and are one of the first 3 I will refund the difference)
What you will need:
Domain Name – You will need to purchase (if you haven’t already) a domain for your business. These cost around £10 per year.
Hosting – You will need your own webhosting, I recommend Siteground (£40/year) but if you already have hosting that’s fine. I will need access to install the basic site for you.
Website copy – You will need to write your copy – there will be guidance provided in the Getting Started Pack.
Images – You will need images for your site that you have permission to use. Resources for free images can be found in the getting started pack.